Why "The Search for..."?

I got my title from the book The Search for Delicious by Natalie Babbitt. where there is a wonderful quote--

" 'Of course it's silly,' said the Prime Minister impatiently. 'But a lot of serious things start silly.'"

This particular quote stuck out for me as I was reading The Search for Delicious to my kids this past fall, and I put it aside knowing that I would use it somewhere, sometime. It seems like the perfect subtitle to this blog as many of my musing probably are silly, but may turn serious at any moment!

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Anything but Typical by Nora Raleigh Baskin

The narration of this novel is fascinating...Jason is a 12 year old writer who also happens to be autistic.  While he has trouble making friends in person, he makes friends with a young girl Rebecca through a writing website. Can this internet friendship become a real one?

No comments: