Why "The Search for..."?

I got my title from the book The Search for Delicious by Natalie Babbitt. where there is a wonderful quote--

" 'Of course it's silly,' said the Prime Minister impatiently. 'But a lot of serious things start silly.'"

This particular quote stuck out for me as I was reading The Search for Delicious to my kids this past fall, and I put it aside knowing that I would use it somewhere, sometime. It seems like the perfect subtitle to this blog as many of my musing probably are silly, but may turn serious at any moment!

Friday, May 9, 2008

A book a day

From what I have written so far, it must seem that I read a book (or more) a day. Even between semesters I don't have time for that! I have been playing a bit of catch-up with some books that I heard book talked as the semester ended during a mock Newbery Award session in my children's literature class. Many of the books that I have written about so far were nominated by a classmate for our mock Newbery. (In case you are curious, A Joyful Noise: Poems for Two Voices by Paul Fleischman won).

I decided that I wanted to blog the children and young adult books that I read because I think it may be helpful to me personally as I look for work. I will have a public record of my reading and be able to showcase my knowledge of the digital world. But, most of all, I want to share books with others both adults and children. Somewhere along the way, I hope someone other than me enjoys reading this!

No comments: